Interested in joining Arizona Women’s Racing? The annual team fee is being prorated to $37 for the rest of 2019!
If you are interested in joining our team either recreationally or as a racer (or potential future racer!), please fill out the application form below.
AZ Women Racing 2019 Team Member Responsibilities
- Pay annual team dues of $75 (pro-rated by month) and purchase at least 1 full kit (jersey and shorts/bibs)
- Wear team kit at races, team, group and shop rides and at key events.
- Take part in at least 4 team events, meetings or rides per year.
- Perform 12 hours of volunteer time for the team per year.
- Abide by the team’s code of conduct.
Racing Requirements to qualify for reimbursement ($250 maximum/$25 per race)
- Road/Cyclocross: Minimum of 8 races, 4 from core race list
- Mountain Bike: Minimum of 6 races, 3 mountain bike races
- No reimbursements for Club or Recreation members.
- Duathlon and Triathlon races will qualify if cycling portion is performed in a team kit.
All USAC sanctioned road races, time trials, crits, cyclocross events, and all MBAA mountain bike races.
Stage Race: Each race start will count as 1 race start (stage road race and crit = 2 races).
You must start a race for it to count. A DNS will not qualify while a DNF will.
Tours, fondos, charity rides are not qualified races even if they are timed events.
AZ Women Racing Team Code of Conduct
As a member of the AZ Women Racing Team, I promise to:
Practice good sportsmanship and conduct myself in a professional manner at all cycling and non-cycling events where I am representing the AZ Women Racing Team.
“Representing the team” is defined as any time you are wearing the team jersey or at any event where you are registered as an AZ Women Racing Team member, regardless of whether you are wearing the team jersey or not, while you are at the event venue or on the course.
- Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Physical abuse to any person while riding or at an event
- Use of foul language towards any person while riding or at an event
- Making obscene gestures directed to any persons while riding or at an event
- Malicious actions on the bike toward any persons
- Littering, including all nutritional wrappers and containers
Wear my sponsors’ and teams’ clothing proudly.
As valuable advertising “vehicles” for our sponsors, AZ Women Racing Team members are expected to wear the current, team uniform (minimum jersey) whenever possible in training, and required in all races.
Obey all traffic regulations as enforced by all relevant local authorities while on individual or group training rides or as instructed during sanctioned races.
AZ Women Racing members must be conscious of their role as ambassadors to the non-cycling and recreational cycling communities. Failure to abide by traffic laws, if observed by the public, can be extremely detrimental to the team’s sponsors and may result in the revocation of all sponsorship benefits for the entire team. In addition, members are expected to point out hazards on the road that affect those riders behind them, allowing the group to ride safely at all times.
Use common sense when using Social Media, both publicly and privately.
Members are expected to act in a courteous manner at all times and to positively represent themselves, the club, sponsors or the cycling community in general at all times.
Support the team’s mission of promoting cycling.
Members are expected to volunteer their time and expertise to assist and participate in at least one organized club event or race during the membership year.
Represent the sponsors, their products and services.
You are expected to know the sponsors, their products and services and why they chose the team as a vehicle for promotion. Where possible, you are expected to strongly promote the services of sponsors, whether it is to the general public or the cycling community. If you have an issue with any sponsor or their products for whatever reason, you are expected to discuss the issues in confidence with the Team Board.
All members demonstrating an unwillingness to meet these Codes of Conduct will be subject to suspension or membership revocation from AZ Women Racing Team.
By signing the AZ Women Racing Team commitment form you agree to abide by the standards set forth in the Code of Conduct.